Complete artwork can be supplied as either a press quality PDF file or an AI file only. If your file does not meet these guidelines, our Art Department can fix it for you, which will be charged out at our hourly rate. Microsoft Word (and other text-editing programs) may be used to create rough compositions,or to communicate design ideas. However, they are not suitable for creating print-ready artwork. These files will need to be re-drawn, at our hourly rate.
Please ensure the following criteria are met when submitting artwork:
- Artwork must be applied to our supplied print dieline
- Unless otherwise stated, artwork must be in PMS (Pantone) colours
- FOIL must be presented as 100% MAGENTA
- TEXT and LOGOS should not be closer than 3mm or .125” to the die lines
- HIGH RES PDF file formats EXTREMELY PREFERRED.
- ALL TEXT must be CONVERTED to OUTLINES
- ALL IMAGES must be EMBEDDED (Illustrator, Indesign)
- LIST PMS numbers used next to the dieline
- SUBMIT artwork as SEPARATE documents if there is more than 1 SKU
Customers who send their own artwork are fully responsible for the end result of printing.
Customers are reminded to submit print-ready artwork with the correct specifications as outlined in our design guidelines. We will print whatever you submit, and we are not responsible for artwork mistakes which includes design, spelling, grammar.
A function of software with vector drawing capabilities, “convert to curves” refers to taking text and converting it into vector curves or outlines. It turns the text into a graphic that can no longer be edited with the software type tools but that can be edited as vector art.
Microsoft Publisher documents are not acceptable in any capacity. They are created and saved in a locked format by default, and we are unable to open them.
Did you know We have a specialist packaging designer in house that can assist with barcode creation. If you need an original design created from scratch, we would love to help! Our fully qualified – staffed Art Department is fast, reliable, and capable of producing great original designs.
If, after reading this page, you are still unsure of whether or not your art meets our guidelines, please give us a call at 075597 0102, for a chat.