- About Us
- Packaging News
- Contact us
Recently we filmed a video for our packaging vlog on the benefits of premium packaging and how it helps you achieve a higher retail price point.
We regularly meet with clients that want to be able to sell a “hero” product or a group of products at a higher retail price point to the rest of their range. Whether that be due to their individual benefits or specialized ingredients that do a little bit extra for their consumer.
When ready to take your product to market, you will need to communicate the benefits of your product through your various marketing channels but the fact is
if the packaging is not up to standard the price point won’t be achieved.
Our process is a detailed pipeline, we meet with you, either over the phone or in person and set up your brief including the purpose and your desired retail price point. We then present solutions based on function, materials and overall look. Just like how you would dress up to go out, we go through the alternatives to “dress up” the packaging.
This month’s article will look at our premium packaging options, we explain how a little more investment in packaging will help convey the value to your customer.
Be it a serum or cream, one of our high end airless options can push your unit perceived value significantly higher. We work with formulators and brand owners for the cosmeceutical style products where the RRP per ml can be up around $4 to $6. Nothing less than a premium package will ensure satisfaction by the customer.
These bottles, while not being deceptive, have weight and size on their side and when we then add in foiling, screen printing, colouring, and or frosting the end result is a desirable product that looks and feels great.
The shape, material, and our variety of dispensing methods means the user experience is one that will help bring in repeat business for you over and over again.
Whether you are looking for a glass replacement, double wall solution that is premium but unbreakable, or a recyclable premium package. We have a range that is suitable to any demographic. Our team will present the best packaging for your needs and then work with you to make it look great through printing, metal sleeved lids, hot foil stamping and more alternatives, so you stand out!
Sometimes function becomes the main factor in determining the primary packaging, if a tube is the best solution, we would present a variety of finishes, pumps and cap styles to help you achieve your goal of a higher price point.
Alternatively, you may have a lotion that isn’t the viscosity to work with airless or is too thin to work with a tube, a traditional lotion bottle with pump or fine mist spray may be most suitable. At Weltrade we have metal free contact sprays and pumps and can then decorate with highly detailed designs or with metal sleeves, again dressing up your packaging to fit the price point.
Once your primary packaging is determined, we get to work on the secondary packaging, with purpose built customised unit cartons or treatment set boxes. All of a sudden you have a package that complements the formulation and will have consumers wanting to try it.
The packaging options are endless, it can be daunting when you see what is out there, not only to select but to ensure the end result will hit the mark. That’s where a proven, trusted packaging partner is the ultimate investment.
Our team is experienced, ready and willing to help you through the process. Don’t hesitate to reach out as there are no silly questions. Speak soon.
Following on from the previous issue of Science of Beauty, we look forward to covering the next 5 emerging skin care product trends for 2018 and options you could use to package your product and take advantage of, while these products are hot.
Recently published in the UK, Bazaar magazine, were the 6 to 10 top beauty trends of 2018.
We would really like your feedback on trends that you see playing out with your products and your target demographics. Our team understands the amount of time that goes into making your products and we really like working on making you have access to options that really give you a point of difference.
We are always looking at the next new trend, we visit tradeshows around the world and monitor and discuss new releases with our clients. Reach out to us today and see our point of difference, and how we will help you with a stress-free approach to beauty packaging.
As posted in “Science of Beauty” – February Edition
Christmas came and went and before you know it, we are into 2018. It already seems so long ago that planning of launch dates were forecast for so many new and exciting products this year.
I recently read a stat that, 33% of consumers will reject a product if they don’t like the packaging. In today’s growing personal care market, it becomes more important than ever to package well and help the consumer believe in your brand’s message.
Recently published in the UK, Bazaar magazine, were the Top 10 Beauty trends for 2018.
1. Masks, if 2017 was the year of the facial masks then 2018 will be the year of the masks for all other parts of the body. From arms to feet to hair, there will be all sorts of masks formulated using va rious boutique ingredients to make them appeal to the consumer market. When it comes to packaging we not only deal with the viscosity, but also the seal to make sure they will not dry out. At Weltrade Packaging Solutions, we really like doing it differently. Whether it’s the applicator, the shape of jar or the tube that dispenses, we spend a lot of time working through the key requirements so the experience works.
2. Body care products that are normally associated with the face. In 2018 you can expect to see cleansers, exfoliators, serums, moisturisers with built in SPF factors. Although these are usually associated with facial care products, when it comes to body care, we don’t only have to upscale the size of the package, we have to make sure the efficacy of the package is maintained for the shelf life of the formula.
3. Pro environmentally friendly products and packaging. As consumers become more educated with social media and the pros/cons of various products and their packaging, we are seeing large brands looking to us for their packaging message. Looking to see if there might be a better option for their packaging or wanting our newly released post-consumer resin tubes, (maintaining products and are able to use up to 40% of their weight from recycled plastic) we are always on the lookout for new ways of doing things that is efficient and more environmentally friendly.
4. Skincare supplements, this is an area that is rapidly expanding in the beauty industry. Traditionally associated with pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, the beauty effects of supplementing your products is a rising interest for many consumers. Our wellness packaging range has expanded exponentially in the last 12 months and with our new ISO9001:2015 accreditation we expect further growth in this area for us in the beauty industry over the next two years.
5. Bespoke everything is the new key to really making inroads to markets. Previously we would see brands come in and say, “we are going to do a facial product like brand “x” and we are spending so much on the formulation, although we want the packaging to look great, we just don’t have the budget, so show me what stock packaging you have”. These days, the more educated brands understand that we can give them something unique, especially in terms of packaging that is really affordable. They then can differentiate their product from others and tailor them to their consumers. As packaging designers, we really love this part of our service to our clients.
Well, that’s 1 to 5, of the Top 2018 beauty trends and the packaging discussions we would have with you when discussing your next product launch. For anything packaging related we are your point of contact, any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Weltrade Pty Ltd
PO Box 699, Southport BC Qld 4215
Unit 3/38 Jade Drive, Molendinar QLD 4214
Phone: +61 7 5597 0102
Fax: +61 7 3337 9841